Friday, March 8, 2013

Fun with Cheerios


I've seen lots of blogs showing scooping and pouring activities for toddlers using dried beans or rice, but my first thought when I see those is...I would be fishing beans and rice out of little J's mouth non-stop.  I've let him play with containers many times and even one time filled a bowl with water for him to dip and scoop...but as you can imagine, that ended up being a splash fest and somehow the water that started out in the kitchen ended up in a HUGE puddle on my carpet...I'm a first time mom.  So having learned my lesson with water and knowing all to well how things would end up with dry beans, I had the brilliant idea of using Cheerios for our scooping/counting/sorting activity today.  We don't typically eat cheerios, but my dad left them here the last time he was here and I figured, if little J eats these it's no big deal, it's a fun snack even!

This is how things began. Containers neatly arranged, measuring spoon to scoop, sun shining, birds chirping
This tranquil scene of learning and exploration...







Quickly turned into this...



:)

He did explore the containers...






...placed Cheerios into containers one at a time...

  

...and crammed lots of Cheerios in his mouth.







 
He's really cute!



And he had a blast :)  So proud of himself!



Lots of love from James! <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment