Thursday, February 28, 2013

Leftovers for breakfast? Yes please!


Looking at this picture makes me want to eat it all over again!  Oh man...it was so good!  Even if I did have to eat in 3 second shifts between James bringing me books "boops" to read.  

So here's the quick and easy recipe:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 a leftover baked potato, peeled, chopped
1/2 of a small onion sliced
1 egg scrambled
your favorite seasonings, salt and pepper to taste
A sprinkle of cheese (optional)

Heat up the oil and saute your onion and potato until they are nicely brown and the onions soft.  Pour your egg over the onion and potato.  Add your desired seasonings.  Let your egg cook.  Your done!  

This dish is really great by itself, but I sprinkled mine with some mozzarella since I've been dairy-deprived with a sick (nursing) toddler recently and being unable to have something makes me crave it all the more.  I typically try to limit dairy, but NOT TODAY! :)  Oh so yummy!  And you should know that I have quite the aversion to eggs (believe me, I've tried to love them).  This was the perfect dish for me since it was quick, it gave me lots of flavor and textures to hide the attributes of eggs that I'm not a fan of, and I didn't sacrifice my AM-essential protein.  

Oh! Idea!  Top this with some black bean and corn salsa instead of cheese and you've got a Southwestern breakfast feast!  I'm going to have to make some more tonight for the hubs to take with him for breakfast tomorrow morning!

Try it!  I'd love to know if you love this as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment