Monday, November 18, 2013

What I Learned From James Lifting Weights

Today we went to visit Evan in the weight room and took some breakfast casseroles to his incredibly hard-working staff.  While we were there, James wanted to go "lift". :)  This is a common occurrence and we love to watch him imitate his daddy and the athletes he sees working out.  I snapped a quick picture of this cuteness and when I looked at it later on, it got me thinking...


This is such a good representation of our relationship with the Lord.  
2 Corinthians 12:9 came to mind. 

 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

As a mom, I constantly feel inadequate for the monster-of-a-job God has given me in raising James and soon, Layla.  I struggle to be consistent in discipline, schedules and educational activities.  I feel inadequate as a wife when I realize I have failed in making my home a haven for my husband to retreat to after long tiresome days.  There is, more often than not, laundry left unfolded and dishes piled in the sink. I struggled especially with these feelings of inadequacy this weekend.  I have high hopes for what I can accomplish each day, but I tend not to reach those goals.  I'm sure many of you can relate in some way or another.  I have found that I am easily discouraged because I try to do all of these things in my own strength, not realizing that I am very, very weak.  But, praise the Lord, when I am weak, His strength is complete!  I am learning that I was never meant to tackle this life alone.  My Lord lifts the loads that I am too small to bear and gives His grace to me daily when I submit my heart, my goals, and my day to Him.  I am so thankful for this sweet and unexpected reminder that the load of responsibility that I continually fail bear on my own is borne with me by my Lord each day.

"Sometimes when we get overwhelmed, 
we forget how big God is." 
AW Tozer

He is big.  Bigger than my worries, my doubts, my fears and my problems.  Today I am praising the Lord that He is big and strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment